Frequently Asked Questions
LED technology has quickly advanced, and many municipalities are considering outdoor and street-lighting retrofits for a variety of reasons:
- Lower maintenance cost than other light types
- Highly durable and lasts up to 25 times longer than traditional lighting
- Incentives like the saveONenergy program to help offset costs
- No hazardous elements contained, such as mercury
- More than 95 per cent of an LED can be recycled
- Eighty per cent lower carbon dioxide emissions than traditional incandescent lighting.
With any retrofit, it is essential that replaced lights are properly captured and recycled, and Take Back the Light suppliers offer ready-made solutions.